BA, summa cum laude, Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN Graduated: May 2011
GPA: 3.81 Psychology GPA: 4.0 Last Two Years GPA: 4.0
Johnson, A., Azevedo, R., & Hoff, A. (2010 August). A comparison of three forms of facilitation in hypermedia learning with text and diagrams. Presented at the 2010 Meeting of the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction, Special Interest Group 2: Comprehension of Text and Graphics, Tubingen, Germany.
- Behavioral Neuroscience Research Lab, University of Memphis (Dr. Helen J. K. Sable, PI). Examined the effects of Bisphenol A (BPA) used in polycarbonate plastic on mice. Weighed, dosed, and dissected mice and rats. Began running behavioral tests in late November 2010. Developed filter for operant box data. Second semester I developed an Access database to tie all our data together.
- Autosense Research Lab on the Effects of Stress, University of Memphis (Dr. Santosh Kumar, PI). Examined stress throughout the day using breathing, heart rate, skin temperature, and movement using various sensors. Mainly set up the equipment before each participant was sent into the field.
- Cognitive Psychology Lab, University of Memphis (Dr. Roger Azevedo, Amy Johnson, PIs). Tested the effectiveness of three forms of facilitation in hypermedia learning with text and diagrams. Served as main research assistant running participants through a pretest, learning session using an eye tracking monitor, and a posttest.
- Psychotherapy Research Lab, University of Memphis (Dr. Berman, PI) Investigated the effectiveness of a money management program at the Metropolitan Inter Faith Association (MIFA) in Memphis.
HONORS AND REWARDS
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2009
- Golden Key International Honor Society, 2009
- Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership and Honors Organization, 2008
- General Psychology Learning Assistant, University of Memphis, 2010 – Experience involves working with general psychology students on writing weekly essays concerning basic topics in psychology. I would grade essays on a weekly basis.
- Memphis Crisis Center Intern, 2010 – Experience involved answering calls of individuals in crisis on a weekly basis. I also developed an access database to help make managing volunteers and donors easier.
- Memphis Crisis Center Volunteer 2009/11 – Experience involved answering phone calls of individuals in crisis. I dealt with many suicidal callers as well as many every day crises.
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint
- American Psychological Association (APA) – Student Affiliate since 2009