Website Developer and Administrator
May 2011 – Present
- Started AndrewHoff.com in May 2011 as a place to share my psychology notes. It averages about 50+ unique visitors a day.
- Update Genestimsonbigstar.com and the Facebook page weekly with the circular for the coming week.
DNA Specimen Collector
June 2012 to February 2013
Specimen Specialists of America
- Collected DNA via mouth swabs for Shelby County Child Support in order to determine paternity of a child.
June 2011 – May 2012
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes
- Worked one on one with children in order to improve their reading and comprehension skills.
May 2010 – May 2011
University of Memphis – Computer Science Lab
- Met with field study participants everyday to ensure proper equipment functioning.
- Backed up data on a daily basis.
- Entered participants’ responses into a form on Google Docs.
- Developed a form on Google Docs to screen possible study participants. The form is still utilized today.
January 2010 – December 2010
- Worked with general psychology students on writing weekly essays concerning basic topics in psychology.
- Graded essays on a weekly basis.
- Led group discussions on psychology topics.
B.A. in Psychology
University of Memphis, May 2011
summa cum laude
August 2009 – August 2012
- Provided problem solving advice, information and referral, education and prevention for people in crisis.
August 2010 – May 2011
Behavioral Toxicology Lab, University of Memphis
- Designed and implemented a Microsoft Access database to store and analyze study data.Increased efficiency and organization of data collection.
- Aided in developing the program for the test boxes to reward mice for a specific action for a set amount of time.
January 2010 – May 2010
Cognitive Psychology Lab, University of Memphis
- Tested the effectiveness of three forms of facilitation in hypermedia learning with text and diagrams.
- Served as main research assistant running participants through a pretest, learning session using an eye tracking monitor, and a post-test.
- Was instrumental collecting and entering data.
- Worked answering calls from individuals in crises.
- Followed protocol talking to callers who were feeling suicidal.
- Developed an Access database to track charitable contributions and donations.
- Developed an Access database to maintain volunteer contact information.
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Society
Golden Key International Honour Society
- Middle School Mathematics: the 190 out of 200
- Middle School Content Knowledge: 187 out lf 200
- Learning and Teaching: 178 out of 200
- Elementary Reading Across the Curriculum: 161 out 200